Basket Range Sandstone extracts sandstone from the Adelaide Hills. We shape and cut the stone to size in the quarry itself. No transport, no carbon miles. Our sandstone has a high thermal inertia to insulate against external temperature variations. Less cooling, less heating, Saves energy, saves money.
Here are some other great environmental benefits of building with sandstone.
- Very low embodied energy (Energy used to create the product)
- Very little waste (We use all the stone we extract)
- No chemicals or poisons used to cure/alter our stone
There are benefits for you too.
- Little or no maintenance
- Resistant to weathering allowing innovative uses
- The beauty of natural stone for all to see
- Long lifespan of solid stone
- Timeless style and high resale value
By using local natural sandstone you can do your part caring for the earth, by supporting a local company actively trying to preserve and improve our natural environment.
Next time you consider using a product think about the amount of energy consumed in it’s production and transport. A local company supplying natural products improves our economy and brings us closer to a clean, green future.
If you have any questions about our sandstone please feel free to call or visit us here at Basket Range Sandstone.